I wanted to use up some Oreos, and I decided to veganize this recipe I found. It was a cookies and cream recipe, and it truly is heaven in a cupcake.
- 24 oreo or other vegan sandwich cookie
- 16 oreos or other vegan sandwich cookie run through the food processor
- 2 and 1/4 cup floud
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups regular sugar
- 3 TBsp flax seed mixed with 6 Tbsp water
- 1 stick earth balance margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegan tofutti sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
For the frosting:
- 2 sticks of earth balance margarine, softened
- 1 container of vegan tofutti cream cheese
- 3 TBsp vegan tofutti sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- the tops of the oreos from first step
First set your oven to 350. Then line two cupcake trays with cupcake liners, and in the bottom of each liner place half of an oreo with the cream side up in the liner. (Set aside the tops for the frosting). Mix the flaxseed with water in a bowl and set aside.
First mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl mix the margarine and sugar. Then add the flaxseed to the sugar mixture. Lastly, add in the almond milk, vanilla, and sour cream. Whisk together. Then mix this in with the dry ingredients, and add the pulverized oreos.
Once well mixed, pour in to the cupcake tins to about 2/3 full. Bake for 25-28 minutes.
While baking, make the frosting, which just involves using an electric mixer to mix it all together.
Top the cookies with the frosting and enjoy! Seriously the best cupcakes I have ever made. So freaking good!