This was one of my more epic creations, the recipe I made was based on a picture of a burger I saw on instagram. Like many of my burgers, it’s hard to take a bite big enough to get some of all of it, so I made open face versions as leftovers. So freaking good though.
- package of kale, package of cremini mushrooms, and some salt and olive oil- heat in a skillet until the mushrooms are brown and the kale is wilted.
- two blocks of extra firm tofu, sliced in to 1/2 inch slices and patted dry, then smothered in BBQ sauce and baked at 425 for 30 minutes.
- black eyed pea burgers (recipe below)
- whichever your favorite vegan mac and cheese recipe is (I have mine, search for my mac and cheese burritos and it’s there)
- burger buns
- vegan just mayo chipotle mayo
For the black eyed pea burgers:
- 2 cans rinsed black eyed peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 chipped white onion
- 3 TBsp garlic
- 1/4 cup tofutti cream cheese
- 1 TBsp nutritional yeast
- 1 TBsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
In a blender mix one can black eyed peas and all other ingredients except the bread crumbs, flour, and parsley.
In a bowl mix together the remaining can of black eyed peas as well as the flour, bread crumbs, and parley.
Form in to patties and place on a large pre-oiled baking sheet.
Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
Vegan chipote mayo on the bottom bun.
Then the black eyed pea burger.
Then a slice of BBQ tofu.
Then the mac and cheese.
Lastly the greens and mushrooms before topping with the top bun.