straight out of Harry Potter land! Very proud of this mouth watering recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 TBsp flax seed mixed with 6 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp butter flavor (vegan version available on amazon)
- 1/2 cup almond milk mixed with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cream soda
First make the cupcakes. Preheat oven to 450. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a different bowl mix together the margarine, brown sugar, flax seed, vanilla, and butter flavor.
Mix this together with the flour as well as the cream soda and the almond milk with vinegar, alternating in small parts to mix in.
Fill in your cupcake liners and bake for 15-18 minutes.
While this is baking you can work on the toppings. Melt together over medium heat:
- 1/4 cup vegan butterscotch chips (tough to find but doable)
- 1/4 cup vegan soy creamer
Make some vegan caramel, I LOVE this recipe for that.
- 1 stick melted margarine
- above mixture of melted butterscotch chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp butter flavoring
- pinch salt
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- splash of vegan creamer
Once the cupcakes are done and cooled, I topped with the frosting, and then drizzled a little caramel on top. Keep in the fridge otherwise it might melt. Damn these are good.