This one was a recipe from Isa Does It. The salad was pretty much exactly according to the recipe in the book, but I made quite a few modifications to the chili so will post my version here.
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 TBsp garlic
- 1 large sweet potato, not peeled, diced
- 8 large carrots, not peeled, sliced
- 1 cup lentils
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2-4 cups water as needed
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 TBsp chili powder
- 2cans of diced tomatoes, not drained
- 3 TBsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 2 cans lite coconut milk
Add the potatoes, lentils, broth, carrots, and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil and keep boiling for 15 minutes, adding more water if the broth boils off, stirring frequently.
Then add the kidney beans, coconut milk, curry paste, and tomatoes. Heat over medium heat for 10 minutes. Mix in the chili powder and cilantro, heat another 4-5 minutes.
This was a great chili, and went really well as a leftover with vegan naan.