I had this random lemon-fish vegan tofu from the Asian food store, didn’t know what to do with it initially, but I ended up veganizing a fish sandwich recipe I found elsewhere.
- vegan lemon fish, mine was obviously chunks of tofu, found in the asian food store
- 1 TBsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- roma tomato, one per sandwich, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in to thin slices
- 1 TBsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp adobo sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 Tbsp vegan mayo
First mix together the 1 Tbsp olive oil, dijon, 1/4 tsp salt, balsamic, and cilantro. Mix together the cabbage and pepper, then mix in this sauce.
Next whisk together the mayo, chipotle chili and adobo sauce, and set aside.
Heat some olive oil a skillet and add the fake fish, cooking over medium high until multiple sides are cooked.
Assemble your sandwich! Chipotle mayo either side, then the slaw, then the tomatoes, then the fake fish, and last avocado. Good luck closing it!