Found this recipe in a non-vegan quesadilla recipe book. After lots of modifications it turned out quite nice.
- 1 package frozen vegan shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups chards
- 1 chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 can drained diced tomatoes
- 1 can drained black eye peas
- 1 package of diced vegan sausage (Italian)
- 1 package vegan daiya gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 package vegan daiya provolone slices
- 1 TBsp paprika
- 2 TBsp cajun spices
- olive oil
Then I assembled the tortillas while making rice on the side. I did a layer of gouda, then a layer of cajun mix, then one slice of provolone cut up in to strips. Fold the quesadilla in half and fry in some grapeseed oil for 2-3 minutes each side on medium heat.
This made 6 half size quesadillas. It also made lots of leftover cajun mix that I stored over rice for leftovers.
The cajun mix was great and actually better over rice. The version as a quesadilla was a little bit bitter from the cheese so I topped it with BBQ sauce for the perfect combo.