I do like making a veggie stir fry. They are a classic dish and easy to make. But I am always a little disappointed that they don’t taste more like they do in the restaurant. This recipe was on of my best yet, and did taste like it was from a restaurant. Definitely plan to make it again.
- dried asian noodles- I used a spicy Ramen like one (make sure vegan)
- 1 package shredded cabage
- 1 container cremini mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups edamame (shelled)
- crispy fried chick’n chunks (at the local Asian store in the freezer section)
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 6 TBsp sriracha
- 2 TBsp cornstarch
While those are cooking, in a large wok add some sesame oil and then start cooking the vegan chick’n as well as the peppers and mushrooms. When the noodles are cooked, add the cabbage, edamame, and noodles. Then cover with the last ingredients all whisked together as the sauce. Cook another 3-4 minutes.
For the mushrooms:
- 1 package sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup almond milk
Whisk together the flour and almond milk. Then dip the mushrooms in it and fry in a thin layer of peanut oil, frying on both sides. Serve with whatever vegan dipping sauce you prefer!