This was a super light and delicious meal!
- tortilla wraps or soft taco boats
- 2 cans rinsed white beans
- 1 container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large bag of spinach (probably 8 cups)
- 1 packaged smokey bacon tempeh strips
- 1 diced jalapeño (no seeds)
- 4 TBsp garlic
- 2 TBsp lime juice
- 1 TBsp cilantro
First take some olive oil and add the tempeh bacon, sliced in to 1 inch squares, in a cast iron skillet and heat over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Then add the white beans, a dash of salt, jalapeño, and garlic and heat another couple minutes. Then start adding the spinach, cup by cup, until all is wilted in. Lastly add the lime juice, tomatoes, and cilantro just before removing from heat.
Then serve in wraps or taco boats! I served with vegan chipotle mayo sauce. Would also go well with tahini.
We ate them in wraps the night of but used those convenient soft taco boats for making leftovers for lunch for a couple days.