I am a little disappointed that WF is no longer carrying Heidi Ho’s vegan feta crumbles, but I am not sure if they are making it any more. Instead they have come out with a new line of cashew chèvre cheeses, so I experimented a little with them this week. Of course, you can never go wrong with pizza night.
- 1 large package of exotic mushrooms (I think there were oyster, forest, and okeno in the package)
- 1 package plain vegan chevre
- 2 pizza doughs (TJs)
- 1 jar marinara
- pistachio pesto (recipe below)
- olive oil
- daiya mozzarella
First fry the mushrooms in a little olive oil, adding a dash of salt and pepper.
To make the pistachio pesto puree the following:
- 2 cups pistachios
- 16 cups spinach (yes, that much, conveniently TJs sells large spinach bags that have about 16 cups in them)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 TBsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water (more if needed to make more liquid)
- 2 TBsp dried basil
This makes enough for about 2 pizzas. I only used it on one, but I will use the rest for a later recipe that I will share (lasagna).
For pizza #1 I spread out the pesto, the topped it with mushrooms, then topped it with dollops of chèvre and a sprinkling of daiya mozzarella.
Both were cooked at 500 for 12 minute. Both were delicious.