Wow, this one was a doozey. Get ready for melt in your mouth deliciousness folks.
- a package of tortillas (I love, love, love the red chili ones from TJs)
- one container of vegan beyond meat chick’n strips
- one container of tofutti cream cheese
- one container of tofutti sour cream
- one bushel of chopped scallions
- 4 chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups salsa verde
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- lots of daiya cheese, of varying flavors (I think I used cheddar, a block of jack sliced, and mozzarella)
Ok, first chop up the vegan chick’n in to one inch slices, and then in a massive bowl mix that, the sour cream, cream cheese, and 1/2 a cup of salsa.
Mix together and rinse the black beans and canned tomatoes.
In a large casserole dish spread out a thin layer of salsa on the bottom. First layer tortillas on top of this, then add a layer of the chick’n mixture. Next top the chick’n mixture with the tomato-black bean mixture, and some fresh cilantro and scallions. Then a layer of vegan cheese.
Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Serve with salsa, avocados, your choice! This dish was melt in your mouth amazing, and even better as leftovers the next day.