Wow, this dish was delightful and perfect comfort food. It also resulted in lots of leftovers, so feel free to cut the portions of the various ingredients down quite a bit if you want to. We can always use leftovers with the long hours the Veganaut and I work on work days.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 containers vegan tj’s chick’n strips
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 container vegan buffalo sauce
- 1 container of vegan blue cheese sauce (available at most whole foods)
- 1/2 container tofutti sour cream
- 2 containers vegan cream cheese
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 can cannelli beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1 TBsp onion powder
- 2 TBsp garlic powder
- 1 TBsp cilantro
First fry the vegan chick’n and chopped red bell peppers in a little olive oil. Then in a large pot combine all the above ingredients except the spices. It works best if you add the cream cheese on top. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Press the cream cheese in to the sides to help it mix in to the broth and buffalo sauce.
After letting simmer for 30-40 minutes stir in the spices and simmer another 10-20 minutes. Serve! We served them in bread bowls. It actually goes quite nicely with sliced avocados since it was a spicy soup, though there really wasn’t enough room for the avocados on top of the bread bowl so they are on the side.