Yup, gotta use those apples we got, so I tried this new breakfast hash recipe and was in love.
- 1 bag diced fingerling potatoes
- 1 bag shredded brussels sprouts (from TJs)
- 3 diced apples (don’t need to peel them)
- an unhealthy amount of Earth Balance margarine
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp sage
- 2 TBsp agave
- 2 TBsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 package chopped vegan breakfast sausage
In our cast iron skillet first I melted 3-4 TBsp Earth Balance and then on high heat fried up the potatoes. Once these were browning I added the brussels sprouts, apples, and sausage. Then I stirred in the spices. After frying these with more Earth Balance as needed for at least 5-7 minutes I added the vinegar and agave, and took off the heat. I personally liked mine with a small amount of ketchup as well as toast on the side, the Veganaut loved his with some hot sauce.